Free Fishing Day was lots of fun. I took Ryan to Kids Canal. Although, there were no fish, it was a beautiful day for a walk. We put our feet in the water to find it super cold. James has mentioned, he wanted to go tubing there. I imagined what that would be like. Relaxing and beautiful, but cold. After that little excursion, we went to visit Lindsay and Josh. We found my Mom and Tenille back up here, helping Lindsay out. Tenille had recently been in a car accident. It was a miracle that she is still with us and doing so well. She could have been paralized. I was really excited to see her.
For Free Fishing Day, that same day, we all got together that afternoon at East Lake and fished some more. It was my Mom's first time ever actually holding a pole and fishing. I wanted her to catch a fish. I had no idea I would be fishing, but, James got my line ready. I told him to save a worm and put on power bait. A little while later, with God's help and James casting my line, I caught one and then two more. Ryan was elated. He played with those fish so much, we had to tell him to leave them in the net, so we wouldn't loose them. Tenille caught her first fish. She was ecstatic. Ryan loved her fish the most and later traded one of our's for her's. Josh caught one with a lure. Adam and my Mom never caught one that day, but we'll have to go again. We really enjoyed the lake and the beautiful atmosphere there. I had to watch Alexis pretty close, but she was great.
We found a surprise the other day in our shed. Our stray cat, who we have adopted, had 4 adorable kittens. It was such a fun discovery. I noticed, one had been neglected after it was born, but it's little heart was still beating. I carefully put it up with the others and prayed that it would be strong and eat from the mother. It was a blonde kitten, whereas, the others were black and grey. We are pretty sure our cat, Zeus is the proud father. So far, they are all doing well. The mother has been really good to them.
A couple of days ago, we headed out to the lake. Ryan has been wanting to go to the beach. James finally had a little time off, so we picked up some fried chicken and potato wedges, loaded up our car with our tubes, and headed off for some fun. Lo and behold, Ryan caught a bluegill. He was ecstatic.
























No comments:
Post a Comment