Monday, September 16, 2013

Camping and Lagoon/ Fun w/ Mom and Dad in Cedar City

We've had so much fun this summer.  We went camping at East Park.  We borrowed Grandma and Grandpa's truck and set out for some fun.  We did a little fishing in the rain and roasted some hot dogs and marshmallows along the way.  We settled in, but not before kicking the cows out of our camping spot.   James put up a little 3 man tent.  He and Ryan slept there some of the night.   Alexis and I tried to sleep in the truck on an air matress.  Good luck with that.  It was so cold, I couldn't sleep.  I was so worried about keeping Alexis warm, I hardly slept a wink.  I cuddled up with Lexi in my sleeping bag, but it wouldn't zip up right, so I was freezing.  Ryan came in part way through the night.  James couldn't sleep either and ended up at the camp fire.
The next day, the guys went fishing.  Alexis and I went along for the hike.  I took lots of pics.  Ryan held up a fish for Alexis to hold.  She gave a look of disgust.  She is all "girl" alright.  (Just like her Mommy.)  When Ryan was a baby, he loved holding and playing with a fish.  He shook the tar out of one, but Lexi did not show any signs of interest at all.
After fishing for a spell, I talked James in to having hamburgers.  I cooked them and said a prayer that it wouldn't rain until we were done eating.  It worked.  Then, we headed home on a more scenic route.

























Later that week, we headed off to Lagoon.  Grandma and Grandpa Madsen paid for a fabulous hotel room for us.  We had lots of fun.  On the way, we stopped and ate at Red Lobster.  We spent the next day at Lagoon with Barb and Robert, Ryan, Sara, Kyle, and Ean .  Barbara and Robert kept helping us couples out with our kids.  They were so sweet.  They paid for our Lagoon tickets which came with meals, so we had lots of yummy, bad, fried food and pop.  James went on some of the rollercoasters.  We all went on Rattle Snake Rapids together.  That was soaking wet, but really fun.  Then we went to Lagoona Beach.  We ran in to Lindsey and our little cousins.  It was so fun to see them.   My favorite at Lagoona Beach (even though I was terrified)  were the big slides.  I also liked the Lazy River.







































Before our trip to Lagoon, we had a fabulous time in Cedar City with my Mom and Dad.   They were so sweet to take us out to eat at Chuck a Rama and to the play, Mary Poppins, at the Tuacahn in St. George.  We were able snap a pic with the cast.  While we were there, we had a combined Birthday Party for Lindsay, and Tenille, and a Baby shower for Marietta.  Marietta and Marshall were waiting to see find out what they were having.  So, I bought them something for both.  We went to the Beach at the Rec Center.  Ryan caught a dead fish from the beach and put it in a bag.  He kept it the rest of the trip, till it stunk too much. 

















2 comments:

Annette said...

Such cute pictures, and so much fun!

Madsens said...

Thanks Annette. You're so sweet.